Germany bus is on the far side of Dupont Circle--to the right of the fountain and beyond the folks in red and white.

Who says DC is not full of promise? The German Embassy here has sponsored a "Spot the Bus" contest for a couple of years. The first contests awarded winners a chance to fly to Germany. This year, the winners (those who spot the bright blue "Germany bus" on the streets of DC and send the contest a photo of it) get their choice of "German gear."
I picked the techie option, and I collected my prize at the PO today:
A little bendy toy and something they call "Hub Man"--you plug it into your USB slot, and it provides FOUR slots for things you might want to power via your computer.
I wish they still gave away trips to Germany. My mother was born in Germany, and lately I've begun to want to see where she arrived on the planet. Hmm....
Anyway, the first two photos above have glimpses of the Germany Bus--by the time I got my blackberry out and ready to take a photo, the bus in both shots was far away. But close enough to win Hub Man and the little bendy figure.

YAY!!!!!! Congrats! I wish you had won a trip, too!!! Free travel is the best!!!
ReplyDeleteMy maternal grandparents were both born in Bavaria.
This is awesome! I have wanted a hub man for ages but haven't gotten around to ordering one.
ReplyDeleteI like Mr. Bendy too. I suggest you post occasional photos of him in new and creative poses.
Congrats!! The hub man looks cute and perfect match for a macbook or mac
ReplyDeleteronnie...i think i used to have your snail mail address, but my blackberry got run over a couple of weeks ago and i lost all that. you can have hub man. i don't need it at all. ditto mr. bendy. still have his shipping container!!
ReplyDeleteGiving up prizes--that strikes me as quite "spirichal." Like commenter ronnie, does one visit here to suggest longings, then you have special powers to respond?
ReplyDeleteThink above is influenced by amazing interview last night between Louise Erdich and Bill Moyers...see if it's online.
These are cool prizes! But I would have liked for you to go to Germany, too. I have lots of questions I would ask the people there - like what happened there during the wars. If it was terrible, we can be glad that our family got out in time. If it was not so bad, we can be glad for the Altengesekers. The D.N.
ReplyDelete