**Snail's Tales has another great post today on the way many religionists behave when someone suggests an alternative point of view.
**And the December 11 issue of Rolling Stone has two great "National Affairs" articles:
"The Last Recount" by Matt Taibbi..."In Al Franken's race in Minnesota, blue and red tangle for the final time in the Bush era"
"Same-Sex Setback" by Tim Dickinson..."Don't blame Mormons or black voters--the California activists who tried to stop Prop 8 ran a lousy campaign." (Hmm...Too bad the movie "Milk" didn't come out before the election....wonder why not? You don't have to be paranoid these days, but it helps!)
**And serendipitously relating to a previous post, "Rethinking Living Arrangements," in TIME GOES BY recently, the cover article of the December 1 2008 NEW YORK magazine, "Alone Together" by Jennifer Senior, discusses "The Loneliness Myth."
Personally, I learned fairly early in life never to be afraid of loneliness...it's always a huge opportunity to make friends, even if only with yourself.
Fascinating statistic: guess how many households in NYC consist of one person living alone. It's, um, one in 2!!!
I've gotten so used to my own company in the past 10 years, I doubt I could stand to ever live with another person ever again!
ReplyDeleteit's addictive, i know....*:0)
ReplyDeletemy mother always used to say, when we encouraged her to accept one of the many marriage proposals she got after my dad died, "i'd rather be lonely than miserable."
My single friends argue that they wouldn't have it any other way at this point in their lives.
ReplyDelete