The snow reports are flying in here to sunny DC, and they are saying things like "more than 20cm of snow expected today, 13cm has fallen so far...." (for which, thanks to Rook's Nest).
It's certainly not my fault that all the snow is falling north of here, and that the reporters live even farther north, as in Canada.
I may be faulted for not knowing wot they mean precisely by a "cm" of snow. I fear I'm not alone in this, either. We Ugly Americans are well known for our ignorance of life (and the metric system) outside our borders.
Thus, in the interests of fostering international understanding, I've placed a metric converter on the side of my blog. You can convert practically any measure you can think of to practically any OTHER measure.
When Rook's Nest says more than 20 cm of snow is expected, you can go the metric conversion chart and learn that this means almost 8 inches of snow--on top of the 5 inches they've had so far. In other words, they're floundering around in about a foot of snow up there.
My goodness!!
Yeah, it's been... uh...
ReplyDeleteaw, the hell with it. I can't even describe it. I'm hibernating until spring.
ronnie
my sympathy. hope you get at least one snow day with pay out of it!!
ReplyDelete