As Jim in Florida said last night, "HOW SWEET IT IS!!" Our work of repairing the Bush years' damage is just beginning, and the media eejits who enabled it will be back on their nasty jobs with today's morning editions. Still, it's nice to know that those of us who have dropped certain big city newspapers did not do it because they were too favorable to Obama. Quite the opposite.
Just in time, too, a Cuban artist and a bunch of friends & helpers created this lovely work of art on a beach south of Barcelona, Spain. Thanks to Echidne for posting this.
Echidne and Emily's List also picked up on how important women's votes were yesterday.
And even though the networks did not seem able to talk about anything but race last night, AGE was more important. This time, the young voters went for Obama...and I have my two grandnieces Helen and Sarah to thank for steering me in the right direction with their very early efforts. It was way last year that Sarah invited me to contribute to Obama via her website. At the time, I was still supporting John Edwards of unhappy memory, but I did contribute to Obama for Sarah.
I kept contributing to Obama and also to the women candidates identified by Emily's List as struggling in fierce races.
I feel very sad that California's Proposition 8 passed, but I no longer feel helpless about such things. Can we overcome this? YES WE CAN!!!!
What a glorious day!
Hallelujah and AMEN!
ReplyDeleteYes. A Paul Krugman column today called the people who have dominated our body politic for the last 8 years "monsters."
ReplyDeleteThe word is not too harsh.
Now at least the country has a chance. The world has a chance.
But we all gotta keep praying real hard.
Cat