
It's official. Today is my last day at the Clerc Center. I'm finally retiring. Gonna go in, clean out my desk, enjoy a little fun with my coworkers at lunchtime, and get the hey outta there!!
Thanks to all my coworkers over the years, especially Ivey and Dan, Glenda, Bill, Gwen, Mary from Iowa, Yinka, Linda, Missus McDowell (is that how you spel it?), Cole's mom, Anita, Marteal, Tim, and the ineffable Cathryn. Thanks, too, to all the printers, designers, and photographers who have been so generous with your knowledge and patience: John, Del, Andrew, C.J., Bill, Joe, Brian, Lynda, Gretchen & Bob, and the other Bob. You've been a huge part of my education, enrichment, and enjoyment.
And if I've forgotten anyone, please don't take it personally. You'll be old and funny yourself some day....
Just think . . . no more meetings!! Have a lovely last day and a lovely retirement!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!!!
ReplyDeleteStart living the dream for the rest of us working stiffs, M.E.!
Have a great time on your last day!! What a relief that the day is finally here!
ReplyDeleteSal
So this will mean more frequent blogging, yes?
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
Many many congratulations! I love retirement. I do what I want when I want and how I want. And they send me money every month for doing it! Perfect!
ReplyDeleteSomebody advised me to smile graciously when they gave me the gold watch. Not a problem. They don't give out gold watches at this place--at least not on my level. They did have a nice lunch of my favorites--hot dogs and orange soda and homemade cake!--and they told embarrassing funny stories about me. So sweet...these people are like another family. The university DOES give everyone a $2000 bond when they retire, but you can't cash it in for at least a year and then it's a) in US dollars and b) only about 1/3 of its face value. Thanks, all, for your good wishes. I want to have a retirement just like shammy's....lots of fun and full of gratitude.
ReplyDeleteCongrats, Aunt M.E.
ReplyDeleteMay you have much time to play with your paints and paint with your words.
FREEDOM!
ReplyDelete.
.
.
.
within pecuniary limits, that is ;-)
Welcome to the wonderful world of retirement :-)
Yay! Maybe I'll see you more. Eating peanut butter together! Watchin' TV together! On the bread line together!
ReplyDeleteBut not before I look up ineffable.
Congrats &hugs & love.
Cathryn
Wow - you finally did it! Congratulations!! Can't wait to hear the whole story. Come to visit soon?
ReplyDeleteThe D.N.
well, m.e., hope it's a wonderful Labor Day there in D.C., your first in retirement!
ReplyDeletelooking forward to your future bugology posts. oh, and you will correct my unscientific language.
yours, naomi