Saturday, December 03, 2011

New Blogs....and Crossword Scoring

Saturday seems like a good day to share goodies. Here are two blogs that I recently discovered (this morning, so they are new for me) and immediately slapped on the adjoining list of Blogs I Love:

The Absense of Alternatives

The Bloggess


Funny, smart, profane, just what I like. Welcome to my resources, ladies!

Also, I don't know if you've had a chance to try the crossword, also adjoining, but it's fun to see how much you can improve your score by doing it over. Most of the time I score in the 1000-3000 range on the first time through. But I have gotten it up to about 7,000 on a subsequent pass. Why do I do this? Because it's a great exercise in TYPING SKILLS. I'm always hitting the wrong key or erasing something that was right the first time. It's fun for me...just sayin.

5 comments:

  1. Wayyyyyyyyyyyy cool!!!!! I scored 1,000!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kay: i take it all back. i thought you said you got 10000!!! that would have made you part of the 1% of crossword solvers. i'm having a knee-jerk reaction to 1 percenters these days....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:12 AM

    I prefer doing Sudoku against the clock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've looked today for online Sudoku, but there are none you can time against the calendar! it took me more than 10 minutes today to screw up a Sudoku puzzle completely. There must be a trick to this. There is a trick to all that math stuff.

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.