1. I am flummoxed by my cell phone camera. Or is it the PC? the Mac? I can't download the photos any more. I used to be able to email them from the camera to my laptop, but in their efforts to improve my life, HP and/or Mac have removed a step from the process--the one that puts the URL of the photo in the email and thus allows me to move it to my desktop, drop it into iPhoto and fiddle with it, and then move it back to the desktop whence I can attach it to my blog or an email. Hmph. It still arrives in my email, but when I go to download it, I get this program that won't let me have my way with my own photo.
2. One of my back teeth fell apart! Too much brushing and flossing, I say. For years, the only thing holding my teeth together has been the plaque!
3. I firmly believe I had the right to vote for President Obama, but after his flipflop on the so-called "Ground Zero Mosque" (which is not exactly an accurate description), I'm not so sure about the wisdom of doing that.
4. My ongoing fitness program goes on--or sometimes--away. Today I got to the swimming pool and was too tired to go down, get into my suit, take the shower, etc., then go find giant-size flippers and a bouyancy belt, and swim. So I just sat in a nice comfy chair in the lobby, read my new book while a bunch of exuberant, post-swim 4-year-olds pounded on the windows overlooking the pool, and fell asleep. Bliss. I so needed that nap.
It was not a good start to my morning to hear Obama "moderate" his position. Many are tiring of these backings-away from principled positions.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the reminder: have to get into my suit for swim aerobics class which I've not attended for this-that little physical glitches. Will think of you.
In the UK I haven't heard a lot of coverage about the Obama position on the mosque. I did hear a snippet of a White House speech in which I understood him to say that we had to stand true to American principles of freedom of religion. The mosque had passed the normal planning conditions and we couldn't outlaw it just because some bad people of the same religion committed terrible crimes nearby. I am sorry if he has backtracked on this -- I think his instinct is to do the right thing and I am quite certain that he believes passionately in the Constitution. But he is a politician, after all, and a struggling one at that, with mid term elections coming up.
ReplyDeleteNaomi: hope you have had a chance to enjoy a swim. Hope the various this 'n thats have cleared
ReplyDeleteDuchess: I posted abt the "mosque" (which it actually isn't) a few days ago on Facebook
The content is from Hendrick Herzberg of the New Yorker mag. Also, another post--"Happy Ramadan from Guess Who" (copy in that post from Digby's Hullaballoo)--reveals the two-faced treachery of the right re Obama and the Muslims. Heaven only knows what O is up against,and we libruls haven't deserted him by any means, but we're all tapped out. The Repugs, meanwhile, are rolling in dough. Heaven help us all. Hope all's swell aboard Pangolin.
Naomi: hope you have had a chance to enjoy a swim. Hope the various this 'n thats have cleared
ReplyDeleteDuchess: I posted abt the "mosque" (which it actually isn't) a few days ago on Facebook
The content is from Hendrick Herzberg of the New Yorker mag. Also, another post--"Happy Ramadan from Guess Who" (copy in that post from Digby's Hullaballoo)--reveals the two-faced treachery of the right re Obama and the Muslims. Heaven only knows what O is up against,and we libruls haven't deserted him by any means, but we're all tapped out. The Repugs, meanwhile, are rolling in dough. Heaven help us all. Hope all's swell aboard Pangolin.
I had to give up swimming laps about 10 years ago when my right shoulder just couldn't take the "crawl" anymore. Couldn't even lift a hairbrush without pain. But, after two years of rehab and home exercises, I have full motion. I just don't swim anymore - and it was supposed to be so good for my bad back, too! So, shoulders, back molars, whatever - just move on to something else. Now, I walk. It works. The D.N.
ReplyDeleteDN! SO glad you have full motion now. And walking is wonderful. You are blessed with a good FLAT walking neighborhood and of course the lakeshore. Swimming, although I'm not remotely what anyone could call a "swimmer," seems like exercise plus. There's something about it that really tightens up my skin. The effect is immediately visible. We have a magnificent FREE swimming pool in DC, and it's the best medicine ever. I feel like a kid again when I go there. It closes on Monday for the 3-week annual cleaning marathon. Having withdrawal already.
ReplyDeleteMe, too, I am having withdrawal, but I'm chuckling away at your description of you wonderful little nap.
ReplyDeleteCat