Monday, January 18, 2010

Thanks, Kay!!!


Well, blow me down and shiver me timbers!! Kay of Kay's Thinking Cap has nominated me for an Over the Top award. As Kay says, there are several steps to accepting this unique honor: 1) Complete the survey with one word answers (a true challenge!!) and 2) Choose three other bloggers to receive the award--that's gonna be tough, since there are so many bloggers who sustain me.

First, the survey:
1. Where is your cell phone? close
2. Your hair? permed
3. Your mother? heaven
4. Your father? heaven
5. Your favorite food? popcorn
6. Your dream last night? none
7. Your favorite drink? gin
8. Your dream/goal? garden
9. What room are you in? mine
10. Your hobby? unpacking
11. Your fear? dentistry
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? garden
13. Where were you last night? home
14. Something you aren’t? social
15. Muffins? corn
16. Wish list item? publication
17. Where did you grow up? Fargo
18. Last thing you did? ate
19. What are you wearing? PJs
20. Your TV? none
21. Your pet(s)? centipedes
22. Your friends? fabulous
23. Your life? unfathomable
24. Your mood? happy
25. Missing someone? yes
26. Vehicle? Zipcar
27. Something you’re not wearing? dentures
28. Your favorite store? Kramerbooks
29. Your favorite color? orange
30. When was the last time you laughed? now
31. Last time you cried? forget
32. Your best friend? Cathy
33. One place that I go over and over? Sally's
34. One person who emails me regularly? M'reen
35. Favorite place to eat? Jaleo

And second, the nominations--of three deserving bloggers. (Whoo boy, this is hard. I know and read so many, and I'm related to at least half of my favorites. But no nepotism.)

1. Charles Ravndal, who blogs as The Misadventures of Charles Ravndal. Charles is a young Norwegian graphic artist whose blog (in Norwegian and English) never fails to amuse or inspire me or both. His creativity, kindness, thoughtfulness, and joie de vivre shine through. He is definitely over the top!

2. Ronniecat, who blogs as Hearing/Loss. Not only do Ronniecat and I share the experience of going deaf and then receiving a cochlear implant, but she and Husband (a recurring character in her life/blog) go to Cuba all the time, and I love her Cuban posts. I've always wanted to go to Cuba--or Qbert, as her cat Mojo, who has HIS own blog, calls it. Wonderfully written from way out in the atlantic provinces of Canada and way over the top.

3. Claude, who blogs as Photoblogging in Paris. What can I say? I'm hooked on Paris. Claude's photos of the Parisian (and recently Indian) scene are rich and wonderful. They are over the top--full of joy and just the sort of thing a longtime resident of Paris might observe if she has her eyes open, her spirit free, and her camera ready. I usually wind up getting the same kind of camera as Claude but without the same results. Maybe if I'd read the instructions.....

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:38 PM

    Hello Mary!!! Thank you very much for the lovely award!

    So you grew up in Fargo... hmmm.. I remember a film named Fargo. I'll checked it out again on wiki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your answers! Glad it made you laugh!!!! I'm gonna go check out your awardees!!!!

    Take care, my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you solved the problem of telling where you grew up in one word. ;-)

    The popcorn must go well with gin. (Martini or tonic or both?)

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.