Friday, January 15, 2010

Wonderful coincidence!

A gentleman from Holland sent me an email this morning with a photograph he had taken at the late Senator Ted Kennedy's funeral procession last summer.  He said he had been looking around the internet for other photos of the same event, when he saw one I had posted.  It appears that the visitor from Holland and I were standing practically next to each other, and that we took photos that are uncannily similar!  Here is his photo:



and here is mine:



Aside from the uncanny similarity, it's clear to me that the gentleman from Holland is by far the superior photographer!!

I have been so grateful to receive this. All day, off and on, I've been thinking of how CONNECTED we all are. It's been interesting, amusing, and very moving.

Thank you, dear sir.....

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:59 AM

    That is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's truly amazing!
    I took a pic of the Olympic Flame coming through town last December and unwittingly included an image of another local blogger in this small town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder whether you and the man from Holland will ever cross paths again. The internet is a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 20th century: if we do, I hope it's in holland!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! I am constantly reminded of what a small world it is.

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.