Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Welcome to America, Mr. Ratzinger

Dear Mr. Ratzinger:

Like Christopher Hitchins in today’s Slate, I have two questions for you.

1) Considering that George W. Bush’s illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq has caused the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians, WHY HAVEN’T YOU REFUSED HIS INVITATION TO DINNER AT THE WHITE HOUSE? [Oh, I get it….food is expensive in Italy, too. A free dinner is a free dinner.]

2) Speaking of food, some 37 nations now are reported to have serious FOOD SHORTAGES. In some countries, this has led to rioting and, in Haiti, to at least two deaths. So my second question is WHY HAVEN’T YOU SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THE MORALITY OF USING CEREAL GRAINS TO MAKE SUBSTITUTES FOR PETROLEUM-BASED FUEL FOR ALL THOSE BIG, FAT CARS that clutter American highways, including the SUVs that will accompany you from Andrews AFB to the White House???

5 comments:

  1. I thought I just left a messaage... it's gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:19 PM

    messages disappearing along with the weight? impressed by the latter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:41 PM

    well, these two messages showed up....i can never explain what happens with comments on my blog. sometimes they just don't work.

    thanks for visiting....xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, what I originally said, before blogger ate the message, was that I had trouble figuring out who Mr Ratzinger was, and why someone of that Germanic name was arriving from Italy, but then the penny dropped.... DUH!
    I said something else too but I can't remember what it was.
    I think I'm losin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:47 PM

    ex-shammy....i know...i shoulda at least said he goes around known as the pope. "auld red socks" is what the rev. ian paisley called him. ha.

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.