Sunday, April 06, 2008

Random Sunday Thoughts

One of my favorite comic strips....it's really hilarious....is "Rhymes with Orange." Go take a look at the "Favorites" especially. And check out the Store, which offers t-shirts and mugs emblazoned with your favorite strips. One of mine is "The Two Faces of Coffee"...the first panel, labeled "Caffeined," has a smiling woman holding a hot cup of coffee and saying "I feel jazzy." The second panel, labeled "Caffiend," has a shaking woman with horns and pointed teeth holding a hot cup of coffee and saying "Come any closer, and I will bite your face off."

Here it is, my last Sunday afternoon of freedom: Every Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 6pm until the end of April, I'll be taking a course (hopefully) culminating in a certificate in teaching ESL and maybe ESOL, too, wotever that is. The mood in la casa Carew has segued from
"Brief Thoughts of Energetic Activity"--walk? chop veggies? do laundry? to
"Wonder If I Can Make It to Whole Foods for More Red Wine" to
"There's Lots of White Left, and I Can Get Just as Happy On That" to
"My Feet Are Cold...Think I'll Put On Woolly Socks and Climb Under the Covers."
Talk to ya later.....

2 comments:

  1. I know ESL, but what is ESOL? English as a Second Other Language? English as a Secret Other Life? Eating in Sexy Orange Lingerie?

    Your question made me wonder something... as you know, the sign language used by the deaf varies widely from country to country... are there people who teach, say, ASL (American Sign Language for those unfamiliar) as a second language to a deaf person from Britain or Australia who has learned their own native version of sign but is now moving to the US?

    ronnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:45 PM

    hejda! just when i think i've got the ronnie's straightened out on theseyer blogs, you stop puttin' the cat up. in anser to ur qq....yes, they do teach ASL to deafies from other countries (most especially from the UK, where they sign with two hands--so very unlike th french and us). that's one of the major bidnesses at my skool. i like English as a Secret Other Life.

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.