Wednesday, April 02, 2008

My Retirement Plan, version 040208

I've come up with a new retirement plan. This one is a beaut!

I'll keep working, see, and I'll save a bunch of money every month by staying on my diet.

When I get enough for a round-trip ticket to Paris, I'll go there and sleep in the airport.

When day breaks, I'll take the train to the church across the street from Les Abbesses metro stop.

I'll sit on my overnight bag, which I'll fill with books and sweaters to provide the proper altitude and cushiony comfort, and put out my lucky Bank of Minnesota "The Magic Is You!" cup.

Passersby will drop in my cup various denominations of EUROS, which I will stuff in my overnight bag.

At day's end, I'll go down to Sancerre, have a bowl of their supreme onion soup and a glass of red wine.

Then I'll head back to the airport to nap while I wait for the return flight.

Before the nap, though, I'll deposit my earnings in the airport branch of the UBS bank, where they will draw interest IN EUROS.

Euros drawing interest on Euros! Think of it!!

(Hopefully, the UBS bank will not have collapsed from its losses in U.S. real estate market.)

Miss Baltimore has said she will consider coming along, but that we cannot work together. I thought it would be nice if we could entertain the passersby by singing old show tunes, but she says she is too shy to sing in public. Hah.

Anyway, I'll catch the red eye back to D.C. and go to my place of employment, where I will continue to please the management and rake in my queenly salary, part of which will go to the next ticket to Paris.

I'll come home refreshed from my sojourn in the City of Lights--and my Euros will be gathering interest like sons of bitches.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:57 AM

    That sounds allllright! - H

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had worse ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:35 AM

    "Ten Thousand US dollars!"

    "Why do you say that?"

    "Just my 2 cents worth" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's a retirement plan worth putting into action.
    But I don't think sleeping on the airport seats at Charles de Gaulle would be very comfy.... so better take one of those lightweight blow up air beds with you.
    Oh, and you'll need an air pump, can't expect a lady of your calibre to blow the bed up with personal puff.
    By the time you get all that packed, you'll be overweight luggage....
    oh well, it was a good idea while it lasted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:51 PM

    i don't remember sitting down at charles de gaulle airport. most of the time we were standing in long queues or hustling to the trains. actually, i don't even remember seeing anything to sit on other than the floor. just another pipe dream....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:20 AM

    better reading than diet menus...more, please, and don't forget the drawing equipment. that would get lots of attention and clinks in your cup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. a nother good idea!!! thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a pretty good idea! Very clever. Not bad at all for your retirement savings. Hah! It's actually possible, I think. Maybe you can do that in other states in America, too. LOL! But, Paris would be worthier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, what can I say? That's a really nice retirement plan. It's really interesting that you came up with it. It may be harder than it seems, but there's no such thing as impossible once you've set your mind into it.

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.