Sunday, May 18, 2014

report card on personal commendments (see rh side of this page)

1.  Keep on Learning--yes, I'm doing that daily!!  Grade:  A

2. Keep a Dream Board--fail!  not doing it at all.  Grade:  F

3. Walk a Mile a Day every Day--Yup!                  Grade: A

 Average:                                                                  Grade: B-

Conduct:  Polite                                                      Grade: A-
Attitude:  seems lackadaisical.                               Grade:  C
Effort: Smart enough to do MUCH BETTER        Grade:  C-


This is pretty close to what I got all during elementary and high school.  Not bad enough to cause
trouble (except at home, where I was always in trouble for never doing my homework!!).  Hmm..
XE needs to find something she loves to do and do it!!
 

9 comments:

  1. Gee whiz--grading yourself. Isn't that like the long ago world you left behind? If I walked a mile every day that would be the high point of achievement. I mean--for little old ladies, why ask for more?

    Finding something to do and love--harder. Have you abandoned those novel-writing marathons. I always admired the will that took. Why do I believe that you'll light on something. Maybe the least expected. Look forward to various trials you'll have along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. naomi...you're precisely right. but grading myself reminded me of how much attention i pay to things that informed me long ago. genug, already. time for TODAY!

    there are many things I love to do, and here's to talking back to those old voices! as Al Franken used to day in his "Stuart Smalley" manifestation: "I'm good enough,
    I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!!" something like that, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did it for me was sitting down every day in my most comfortable recliner with a pen and a legal pad and writing about my life. It's amazing how that grounds me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Instead of a Dream-Board, I have a bucket list of thingy to do before I die. It is not proritised, but next up I want to fly in a gyrocopter :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wot is a gyrocopter? And why do you want to fly it?

      Delete
    2. ha....here's a photo of one of these things: i see there are two people: presumably the pilot (which you want to be), and someone else (SWMBO) behind the pilot. 250px-ELA_cougar.jpg

      Delete
  5. Writing my memoirs, now that's a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, Shammy! yes, do it!!

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.