Found this today--from "Ode to Things" by Pablo Neruda:
I love all things,
not because they are
passionate
or sweet-smelling
but because,
I don't know,
because
this ocean is yours,
and mine:
these buttons
and little
forgotten
treasures,
fans upon
whose feathers
love has scattered
its blossoms,
glasses, knives and
scissors--
all bear
the trace
of someone's fingers
on their handle or surface,
the traces of a distant hand
lost
in the depths of forgetfulness.

Thanks for this...need to slow down, smell local roses.
ReplyDeleteRead your doctor outcome. Myself have stopped BP pills and feel much better! You know "they" have decided it does not have to be so low for old dames.
Good luck with the veggies. yours, n
Yes, slow down, smell the flowers. I want to buy some scented flowers for my porch.
ReplyDeleteTBTAM has a wonderful recipe for brussels sprouts, shallots, garlic, and pine nuts. if you're into veggies, you'd probably love this!!
problem with my BP is that it goes sky high whenever I set foot into the clinic. here at home, it's a nice 127/73. The body mass index is higher for old women, too. I am no longer OVERWEIGHT!! hooray! I can tell by my waistband, though. everything fits!!
Lovely poem. Thank you M.E. :)
ReplyDelete