Tuesday, April 08, 2014

technology will pick your poems for you!

The uses of technology continue to expand.  Got an email from a friend this morning telling me that the Poetry Foundation has a free app--"Poetry" for an android device.  You pick two topics, poke it, and whizzz.....you get a list of poems that include these two topics.  Something like that, anyway. My "android" device, apparently, doesn't do much of anything except run up a big monthly bill, and I don't have any fun with it.  Not even going to try this.  Hmph.

What would Emily Dickinson think?  And how many of the poems in the lists are by women? 

3 comments:

  1. I guess that's interesting, but I am ashamed to say I have never been much of a fan of poetry. Or short stories come to that. I am a hopeless fan of the huge bif doorstop of a novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! Have you noticed any difference in your enjoyment of those big doorstops???

      Delete
  2. Further....do you read novels on Kindle and the like? Do you still like them?

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.