![]() |
| Photo from City Paper |
Councilmember Muriel Bowser (D) (42%) outpolled Mayor Vincent Gray (D) (32%) in yesterday's DC primary election, although it's not exactly final yet. Yesterday's election was a primary, not the last word. That will come in November's general election, when DC voters will choose between Bowser and At-Large Councilmember David Catania (Ind.), a vote Bowser (and Councilmember/former Mayor Marion Barry) predict she'll win handily.
The field included five other candidates: Councilmember Tommy Wells (D) got about 13% of the vote. Twenty-three-year Council veteran Jack Evans (D) drew 5%, followed by Restaurant Owner Andy Shallal (3%). Candidate Reta Lewis (0.43%) and Councilmember Vincent Orange (2%) each got a few votes. Not all of the wards have finished counting the votes.
Other big news yesterday is that the zoo's panda cub, Bao Bao, got to go outside in his mother's pen.
well, well.....we'll see wot tomorrow brings, eh? a woman mayor in DC?? I wish I had voted for Gray. He's done a good job so far. So wot if he got tons of $$ from Uncle Fred??


All politics is local, I guess. Even in D.C.
ReplyDelete