It doesn't behoove me to believe everything I read in a new cookbook, especially about cooking things I've done before. The late Laurie Colwin, author of More Home Cooking, suggests slow roasting a 3-lb. whole chicken at 250-300F for two hours. She says it will come out "completely moist and juicy, crisp and tender." So i tried that last night, and it was pale and not even close to crispy on the outside. So now I've got it back in the oven at 375F, which is the temperature I've always used for roasting whole chickens, and I must say it smells pretty good with 28 minutes to go and the skin is nice & crispy and a lovely brown color. It has half a lemon inside the cavity, and I'm presuming this will add flavor. But nothing else other than a modest amount of salt in the cavity, too. We'll see. No pictures yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment
XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.
Thanks for your patience and cooperation.