Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday, 11/17

UP:

1)  Going to see the Van Gogh Repetitions exhibit at the Phillips Gallery today, then have dinner
with pals.  No formal event today for the VG--just the pictures hanging in the galleries.  VG has two famous repetitions:  the road builders and the plane trees.  First time they've been exhibited together.
Always love to visit the Phillips gift shop, too.  I always get good ideas, if not gifts.

2)  Cleaned--vacuumed, washed the cushion covers, aired the cushions on the porch) and reassembled Cathy's former sofa (many thanks, Cherie).  Got rid of all evidence of the hound (hair, dust/dirt, odor) who had captured it for his napping place.  Perfect size for human napping, too.  Adds another place to accommodate visitors overnight. 

3)  Just saw a very interesting video clip: Visualize with Cynthia--about a woman who won $112 million in a lottery, and she says her secret to success was to VISUALIZE it!  Well, I can do that.  I think.  Hard to imagine having 112 million bucks in the old exchequer, but why not?  One thing she did was to write that figure down and leave it around her house in various places where she could SEE it and accept its place in her life.  We all can do that, too.   Why the heck not?

DOWN:

1)  With all the opening and shutting of the porch door yesterday (see above), another big fat house cricket got in.  I know they are outside bugs, but this variety is the brown & grey HOUSE cricket, not the shiny black FIELD cricket.  This a.m. at 4, when I got up, there was a VERY big cricket on the bathroom rug.  When I stepped across it (not on it, I don't like to kill bugs), it vanished into thin air.  Have not seen it since, and I have been checking my pjs frequently to make sure it didn't hop onto me!  Brrr.

2)  Gonna visualize seeing that big cricket out in the open (not in my pjs or in my bed!!) where I can invite her to the dustpan and give her a ride to the outdoors!!



4 comments:

  1. If you were close by, I'd offer a cricket cage. Purchased in China, various sizes. Largest, probably accommodate one visiting you, came with an offer of a live cricket. This was beginning of trip in Beijing. Demurred: we were traveling, I explained. But you do not seem to want one as permanent visitor. Did yours chirp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naomi! I've seen those cricket cages in shops on Canal St. in NYC, and they probably have them here in DC Chinatown, too. Good idea for an excursion!! That big sucker reappeared last night in the kitchen as I was cleaning up. NO, this one does not chirp--it's a female!! Only the male crickets chirp. Problem with crickets in the house is that they LOVE wool sweaters and papers (duh....as in files, books, etc., of which my den is jam packed.) I have not seen any small ones, so the previous visitors haven't laid any eggs that survived to bigcrickethood. whew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visualizing is free!

    ReplyDelete
  4. visualizing is indeed free, but it ain't easy. How do you visualize having more than enough, when enough seems beyond your grasp??? tell me, I'll share!!

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.