Monday, November 11, 2013

Feliz Lunes-y

Thoughts of the Day So Far:

DOWN:  There will be a special place in hell for whoever invented those incessantly whining leaf blowers!*  Lazy guy outside  blowing leaves from one side of the driveway to the other.  Then where do they go?  I think he blows 'em into the street for the city to pick up.  Grrr.  Better than stuffing them in plastic bags, I guess, but a lot of them wind up in the Anacostia River, which doesn't need our debris.  How about mowing over them so they make mulch?  Then you can just let it stay on the grass over the winter.  With the right kind of grass, it'll work just fine, don'tcha think?

*Ditto for whoever invented spraying lawns.  Boo.  When I was a kid, "perfect" grass lawns were not sacred.  Every lawn had its own bald patches, ant hills, and wild flowers. 

UP:  Got a great recipe for mushroom-barley soup from Sally via email today.  I think I'm going to change the broth from chicken to beef.  Why?  I have drippings from last night's steak that I hate to throw away.

Stayed overnight at pal's house so I could watch "Downton Abbey"--except, ha.  DA doesn't start a new season till January!  "Paradise" didn't do much for me.  Oh well.  I watched "Foyle's War" and enjoyed it.  Especially the relationship between Foyle and Sam, his driver.  

MEH:  Wot would the Britcoms do if there were no such thing as war?  Lionel and Jean would have been long married, and Foyle would have been a private eye, spying on or for the royals.  Your turn.....




2 comments:

  1. Since you speak here of mushrooms, will encourage you to check out small sculpture posted on blog. Used Ecovative, extraordinary young student invention, available to all: substitute for styrofoam. There's a TEDtalk about it too.

    Wot would the Britcoms do if there were no such thing as war? Ans. Have many more living people to make many more corny, music hall type videos. Could be worse, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's assuming those who go to war would be makers of "corny, music hall type videos"--a big assumption, me thinks...

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.