Saturday, November 09, 2013

photo albums, continued.....

Well, XE seems to have bitten off a lot more than she can chew with this photo thing.  The biggest challenge has become finding photos of previous ancestors.  That will involve contacting lots of people with whom I've NEVER been in contact before.  And people with whom I once lived but who now are far away.

We have no photos to speak of of my grandsons Ian's & Sean's father.  We took a few photos of him in Iowa when his oldest was born, then they all went back home to California, then Missouri.  And now he's gone, may he r.i.p.  But he was grandfather to two of the cutest little guys on the planet, and he deserves to have his image in the family album.  The little guys deserve it.  It's possible that the V.A. might have a photo of him, as he was in the army (marines??).  There has to be more of a photographic record of him than we have.

I have despaired of finding any photos of my maternal grandparents.  I didn't even see their pictures until my mother's funeral.  We had none at home.  Fractured families, wars, they all take their toll on keeping records.  




6 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:53 AM

    I hate to plug a commercial product on your blog, XE; but, one of the genealogy web sites might help you obtain the desired photos. I've heard from relatives (my family and Hunky Husband's) that I had not seen since the 1950s (or, at all, in some cases) and exchanged photos with them. I'll give you the name of the web site/software (not necessary to use both) that I use - either by comment or by email - if you wish. Or, you may already be up to your ears in such ventures???
    Cop Car

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, goody! can't wait to try this. I've sent you an email, so pls email back, OK? Many thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:02 AM

    I have not received your email. To assure that we are using up-to-date (I'm not sure that I've your current email as I did send you an email an hour or two ago - on a different subject): CopCar@Cox.net. Some blog providers block email addresses in comments. We shall see if yours does; )
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  4. i found your email (on my other account). that works just fine, but i don't always check it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a couple of photos of my ex-husband.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great! Will you share them with us??

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.