OK, having seen the prize-winning French movie, "Blue Is the Warmest Color," I, like many others, am craving the pasta featured in this movie. Which turns out to be plain old Pasta Bolognese. I'm making some right now. Wot th hell, This is something I've made all my life, but now I'm using the Barefoot Contessa's recipe, as this has been recommended by others who have sought to make this glorious family-type dish. Mine never had any nutmeg in it, and from the looks of it in the movie, the recommended recipe has no saffron in it (doesn't it look as if it has saffron in it??) it does to me. It's very YELLOW in the movie, but not so much in real life.
I did LOVE this movie--it portrays the loneliness of love better than anything else. and I guess I'm getting old, the 7-minutes of heavy breathing did not seem erotic to me. It was a wonderful movie, though, and I look forward to tonight's pasta bolognese!! All it lacks now is a bit of cream and parmesan cheese!! wow.
mmmm... love any kind of pasta! Last week I made Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken and vegetables.... recipe from the 2014 Canada Milk Calendar...... get the recipe at http://www.dairygoodness.ca/milk/my-milk-calendar/recipes
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteI envy those who enjoy cooking.
ReplyDeleteCop Car
i can't imagine that you would not be a great cook!!
ReplyDeleteXE--Believe it! Every minute I spend in a kitchen is, to my mind, a minute wasted.
ReplyDeleteCop Car
You are so funny. This a.m. I got an email about 3D printing. How this works, you doubtless know, but if they can make an artificial kidney that can be implanted in a human being, I think you should be able to print out a pot roast! all you need to do is write the code. and make sure you have full cartridges. haha.
ReplyDeleteCC: here's the link: http://www.fool.com/video-alert/stock-advisor/sa-printing-so/?source=isaspoeml0002780
ReplyDelete"...I think you should be able to print out a pot roast!"
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely! All one need do is to load up with the correct combination of proteins and fats. However, enough of the foods that one gets these days tastes artificial without having gone through a printer.
As with most of our modern technologies, the 3-D printing process has taken some years to become really useful. The patent on laser sintering, one of the first (and cheapest) 3-D printing processes expires next year.
Cop Car
first there were hot dogs.....laser sintering? you could make a prototype potroast!!!
ReplyDeleteWith Laser Sintering you can make Viagra!
ReplyDelete(Explanation : Laser Sintering is an anagram of Eternal Risings ;-)
Do I have a warped mind, or what ;-)
yes, you do. Warped Minds Welcome Here!
ReplyDelete