Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Meanwhile.....

While our own H of R drives us into the ground, Pepe Escobar at Asia Times shows us another view of what's going on by quoting an article in Xinhua.  I was struck by this paragraph, especially:
Instead of honoring its duties as a responsible leading power, a self-serving Washington has abused its superpower status and introduced even more chaos into the world by shifting financial risks overseas, instigating regional tensions amid territorial disputes, and fighting unwarranted wars under the cover of outright lies. 
Asia Times Online :: The birth of the 'de-Americanized' world

4 comments:

  1. Ouch. I wonder if American popularity will hit the low again that it did during the Vietnam War.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. I wonder if American popularity will hit the low again that it did during the Vietnam War.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the double posting. My Kindle got the hiccups!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not surprised. My laptop is having seizures. I don't think we're as popular as we were DURING the Vietnam war. Kennedy was assassinated, LBJ refused to run again, and then came Nixon. We were not winning any popularity contests then. I think American Popularity is a myth among Americans of a certain stripe.

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.