Thursday, October 03, 2013

summer returns

DOWN:

Day two of the shutdown, and the streets are largely empty.  Even Starbucks by the Archives metro stop was closed early.  With all the Smithsonian museums closed--all that glorious art locked up--it feels like an emotional ghost town.  The Phillips and the Women's Museum--both private--were open and free yesterday.  Dunno about the Corcoran.  The tickets for those over 65 at the Newseum were like $18!! (Do you think the greedy barons of broadcasting could spare a freaking dime?)  They say that's for two days, but I don't want to go back.  All those fakey, misleading headlines out front just spoil my outlook. 

It's hot again (mid to high 80s).  I know, I should not complain (and always brag that I'd much rather be hot than cold--true).  But it's still uncomfortable when the calendar tell me I want to be wearing a sweatshirt.

Have been listing to port a bit these days when I go out to walk.  Even just to take out the trash.  no problem with starboard....just port.  Need to get serious about this. 

I think the Republican Leader in the House of Representatives often is bombed out of his skull.  An intervention, please!!

My old friends leave today.  Snif!

UP:

Lovely advice yesterday online:  "Buy whatever you want at the grocery store:  it's always cheaper than eating out." So true.  It's always less fattening than restaurant food, too.  Lots of data on that. 

I think I have the most wonderful friends in the world.  What a huge blessing they are and have been.  Brilliant, compassionate, fun & funny, warm & loving, accomplished, unpretentious, not a repug among 'em! 

The new entry fob system is fun.  I love all the loud buzzing and instant access!!  As long as the power holds....

TEA & CAKE:

Dandelion root tea at home, though I ate the cake out:  a brownie--not precisely cake, but delicious--with chocolate sauce, a very small scoop of vanilla ice cream, and 5 raspberries.  Yum. 



2 comments:

  1. I suspect that you will be cooler -- you get our weather when we're done with it. It's pretty nice here this morning!!!!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope so....sposed to be hotter yet here tomorrow. patience...patience....

      Delete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.