1) I can't believe they're really gonna shut down iGoogle. In my pitiful experience, it's the ONE THING GOOGLE does that actually WORKS! No wonder they're getting rid of it. Rats! And what can replace it? I've looked, but the advertising assaults are too much for me. I don't want to spend
time watching idiots look for new cars or see them eat some kind of hypersweetened boxed cereal. Keep it to yourselves is what I say.
2) They are going to resurface our parking lot today, and a big tank truck of stinky stuff is parked
right across from my what...porch? patio? terrace? ha. It's a balcony kinda thing. And now they
are making such a dreadful racket even I can hear it. I just looked...apparently they're sawing off
the top step. Sweet Jebus..... The city not only never sleeps, it spreads its scary nightmares around in the daylight.
UP:
1) Never mind about that. One of my favorite blogs (Belgian Waffle) started out with this phrase a few days ago.
Er is een meeuw in mijn stapelbed
You don't know Dutch? It means "There is a seagull in my bunk." Be nice if there were a seagull in my bunk. That might mean I was by the sea!!
2) When La Waffle's youngest returned from camp, he also said the food was "épouvantable." That bit was in French (Walloon??) (Belgians are at least bilingual, but in Waffle's case, her kids are trilingual or more, studying German, Chinese, or what-have-you.) "épouvantable" means "appalling."
3) Only an hour & 15 minutes till breakfast! And I won't have to eat eggs again (and my mama is not around to pay me cash money to eat oatmeal).....I got some hot dogs last night at Giant. "épouvantable," you say? I likes 'em. If you boil them they're not so bad.
Boiling dissolves out all the dread chemicals, doesn't it?
To parody Monty Python, if that is possible, “This seagull is no more. It has ceased to be. It's expired and gone to meet its maker. This is a late seagull. It's a stiff. Bereft of life, it rests in peace. If you hadn't nailed it to the perch, it would be pushing up the daisies. It's rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. This is an ex-seagull”
ReplyDeleteWay to go, Stu! Nobody else I know (among the horde of literate quoters) can quote Monty Python!!
ReplyDeleteI am smiling at the saga (or should I say "sagae") of seagull, Stu, Xteme, and Belgian...Also shivering in adjunct office (you'd think they could spare some heat) waiting for next student to show.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the enjoyable read.
Cat
you want more heat in the adjunct office?? Didn't you bring a sweater??
ReplyDeleteSorry about the noise. Even where I live we are subjected to insane levels of it sometimes. My cheap headphones are a godsend when the mowers and handymen and motorcyclists and the helicopters and the rest of that bunch are assaulting my ears.
ReplyDeleteThey are handy when I travel, too.
They did cut off the top step outside, and now there's a big board covering the gap. no more noise, though.
ReplyDeleteIt gets really noisy, Hattie, when your hovercraft is full of eels!
ReplyDelete