Sunday, June 26, 2011

PARSLEY'S PICS: Four Brave Men

Ms. Parsley has an excellent post on the NY vote for gay marriage. Hooray for these four BRAVE guys--especially Mr. McDonald, who stated his case so well!!

PARSLEY'S PICS: Four Brave Men: "As everyone in the whole wide world should know by now, last night the New York Senate approved the same-sex marriage law by a vote of  3..."

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:30 PM

    Thanks for the link, ME.

    I am somewhat disappointed to see all conservatives labeled as "immoral" in the piece. I will be happy when we grow up enough to realize that following a morality that does not, in some ways, align with our own does not make another immoral. I'm betting that in the majority of ways moralities of the various political factions match. One would not know it, though, from seeing/hearing the hostility exhibited between/among the factions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:30 PM

    Drat! I did it again. The above is from me -
    Cop Car

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Leslie's post and agree that it was the moral thing to do.

    Cop Car, I agree that name calling serves no good purpose, but have to admit that I get so riled up that I have done it numerous times. Especially when I rant about "she whose name should never be mentioned". Initials S. P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cop Car, Darlene: I get riled, too. And I can't find a better PRINTABLE word for people who want to cut off compassionate aid to the poor, the sick, children, and elderly folks in order to fund tax cuts for the super rich. Just makes me feel madder than hell and powerless all at the same time. I remember old Walter, who used to rent our horse barn & pasture, during the Vietnam protests. Walter was conservative to the core and a kinder man you'd never meet. But he'd see anti-war demonstrators on TV and say "Ya know wot I'd do, girl? I'd take a FLAME THROWER to 'em!!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just on my way to visit Les Parsley's spot when I stopped by here first...small world alert! I couldn't be more pleased for NY or more impressed. It takes guts and compassion to make this stand today in this political climate. As our boomer pig moves on through the python, all the reactive brouhaha will look merely foolish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:38 AM

    Yay, NYC! Yay, Gov. Cuomo. I loved the dad. Now I love the son. And thank you 4 BRAVE Republicans who stood in the face of our national Right wing hurricane strength wind and did the right thing.

    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  7. JULY 1: Happy CANADA Day, M.E.! You may not be aware that it's Canada's 144th birthday today, and Will and Kate are in Ottawa to help us celebrate. Actually, we don't need help, but it's great to have them here!

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.