Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Ah, Grandchildren....how they teach and teach us....

I'm borrowing my grandson Ian's FB post today.  He says:

"You can build the mosque, just not THERE." 

"You can sit on the bus, just
not THERE." 

"You can get married, just not to that person right THERE." 

"You can have a baby, just not There"

That's making it plain and easy for the Teabaggin' geniuses.....

 Thanks, Ian

7 comments:

  1. I think Ian said it all; and cleverly done, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene: I thought so. He's always been bright, but now that he's older, he's turning into a thinker, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Ian. Well put.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for Ian. He said it in just a few words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can burn a book,
    just not THAT one....

    (Ray Bradbury, in Fahrenheit 451?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:38 PM

    Yup! Yay, Ian

    Then there is the quote that was bequeathed to us from the Holocaust. You fill in the blank. "They came for the ______," But I wasn't a _______. They for the ________. But I wasn't a _______. Then they came for me."

    As long as Obama is pres I figure I'm a few blanks out, but if those Republicans get in, I get moved right up to blank #1.

    xoxo

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is all so scary and summed up by Cathy. Thinking about just talking about the weather...

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.