about the past weekend's peckerwood picnic in DC.
And whoa! they seem to have got an accurate count for that, finally: less than 100,000! Here's my favorite part:
The greatest threat against America is not terrorism. It’s not a mosque in Manhattan. It’s not gay marriage. It’s not healthcare reform. And, believe it or not, it’s not even Beck or Palin. The greatest threat against America are the tens of millions of Americans who won’t turn out to vote this November effectively giving power to 87,000 angry assholes.
I loved that comment, too. Helen is a real hoot and I love her posts. I wish she wrote oftener, but when she does you know you are in for a real treat.
ReplyDeleteI wonder who they are and whether they are really old ladies. But they can be good. This was a good one.
ReplyDelete20th: Darlene (above) know them better than I do, but I believe they are indeed old ladies. gawd, i hope i can be so forthright when i hit their bracket....
ReplyDelete20th: Darlene (above) know them better than I do, but I believe they are indeed old ladies. gawd, i hope i can be so forthright when i hit their bracket....
ReplyDeleteUnless it's a complete hoax, their picture is on the heading. Helen lives in Dallas and Margaret lives in a Northern state (can't remember which one). Helen is 80 years old I think. I will have to check that.
ReplyDeleteWell, you know what they say about apathy and doing nothing. We've got one former corporate president who didn't bother to vote for 20 years and now has decided to buy the California's governor's office through her candidacy.
ReplyDeleteYES. Way to go Helen & Darlene--and ME.
ReplyDeleteCat