Monday, May 31, 2010

We get email....

This arrived from LRH on the left coast yesterday, and in honor of Memorial Day, 2010, I'm posting it here:

To Naomi's friends across the country,

Many of you have already made your statements about ending the wars, so why forward this? Ron and I think much about the future for our 4 grandchildren: Memorial Day needs a NO WAR effort. Thanks

The occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan are making us poor. Right now, America spends $159 billion on contingency operations for the occupations of Afghanistan and Iraq. That’s enough money to eliminate taxes for everyone who makes under $35,000 a year, while cutting the deficit.

Progressive hero, Congressman Alan Grayson, is once again leading the charge to put an end to this disastrous spending. I signed the petition to support 'The War is Making You Poor' Act, an act that would cut waste, fraud and abuse in the disastrous occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Join me and sign the petition at www.TheWarIsMakingYouPoor.com
Join me in signing it, too.  Happy Memorial Day Weekend, everyone--yes, you, too, Mr. President.  You took office in January and (a) inherited a mess and a half from your predecessors and (b) had the pleasure of being in charge when some feckless oilmen befouled the Gulf of Mexico--and ultimately the planet--with their greed and misjudgments.  About now, you must feel your election was a ticket to hell. Hang in there and enjoy Chicago, that toddlin' town!!! It'd be nice if you, Michelle, Malia, and Shasha could find time to go out to Wishbone and have some corn pancakes!

4 comments:

  1. I signed the petition and wonder why the Tea Party who claim to be so fiscally conservative aren't railing about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had already signed it but I signed it again. I'm on Grayson's mailing list. I always chuckle at the 'welcome back' at his site -- it's nice to be welcome somewhere.

    And Darlene? The 'baggers' aren't railing because if it doesn't come from Palin or Beck, it can't possibly be true. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:38 PM

    Yup. I love Obama, but enough of this war stuff. It just doesn't work. I will sign petition, too.

    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, M.E., Darlene, and Kay. We just have to keep trucking on. It does seems endless but there is a small relief in knowing that we continue to demand an END!

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.