Monday, March 02, 2009

No Rush.....

Daily Kos has a good response to the Fathead: "Rush, A Moment of Your Time, If I May . . ." by Mother Mags

I love the way it starts out: "I don't listen to Rush, Sean, Bill-O, and the rest of the gang 'in order to know what the enemy is up to.' I can’t do it." Me, neither.
Like the author, I'm glad others with stronger stomachs and cleaner arteries take on that chore.

There are riches in this post. My favorite passage:
Let us assume for the sake of argument that Obama’s “massive spending” plan actually works. Let’s say that by the end of his first term:

• millions of people return to the employment rolls,
• necessary infrastructure work like reinforcing bridges, building roads, mass transit, and fiber optics installation gets underway,
• thousands of green jobs are created, developing alternative energy sources and taking a big step toward breaking our foreign oil addiction,
• taxes are higher on the wealthy, less so on the other 95 percent of us,
• our wildlife areas, national parks, and oceans are no longer threatened by drilling or mining,
• Gitmo and torture are distant memories, and the rule of law (that Constitution thingy) finds its way back into both domestic and international policies,
• the deficit is cut in half,
• fewer people are forced to walk away from their homes due to foreclosure,
• universal healthcare is passed which means, among other things, people are not forced into bankruptcy because of a medical emergency,
• banks and investment firms right themselves and start lending,
• children have up-to-date textbooks, classrooms that don’t endanger their health, and teachers who are well-trained and adequately compensated,
• college is affordable for anyone who wants to pursue higher education,
• oh, yeah, the U.S. exits Iraq and Afghanistan.

Let us assume, Rush, these things happen on Obama’s watch. Maybe they all won’t, but that’s not the point of this exercise. What I just sketched is what success would look like for the administration. And it is this which you gleefully and unapologetically say you don’t want to happen. Why?


Take a look, also, at the graphic on DK's lead article, "Jobs by President." Presidents who have been from the Democratic Party do MUCH better on creating jobs. I wonder if Limbaugh knows what a JOB is?

2 comments:

  1. This was a wonderful post and I wish Rush had to read it. Of course he knows it's true, but he is an entertainer PERIOD. It's really interesting that so many follow him and believe everything that comes out of the 'big fat idiots' mouth.

    I am always amazed at how gullible some people are. Sound bites are their educational source.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Darlene....i think i am gonna swear off posting on Rush Limbaugh. It just draws attention to him, and he's not worth our attention.

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.