Saturday, February 14, 2009

Here's a Valentine for all my readers



My friend Lida came over today to have lunch and work on her new book (#7, I think). Lida says she loves being 88 but can't wait till she can say she's 90. Why is she still creating after her long, fruitful career as a photographer, writer, and artist? It's her nature: she's curious, alert, engaged in life. The "statement" she loves is a sentence from a review in the Washington Post praising her work. She loves it the way she loves all praise and encouragement. It feeds her remarkable energy.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:05 AM

    Wonder if you and I will (still) be blogging at 88 ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I intend to blog 'til I drop!!!!

    I hope by then I have a book published, too.

    I'd better get crackin'! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:01 AM

    I have seven textbooks which bear my name and a (third-rate) novel, which was more work. I feel I have 3 more books in me, but can't seem to sequentialise them out of the mess in my head :-(

    I find blogging MUCH easier, because it's onla a page at a time, no plot, no structure, no characters. Books are MUCH harder to do... YMMV

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:33 AM

    i've always said i wanted to PUBLISH six books. so far, i've got one, possibly two, WRITTEN in the first draft only. kay, i'd better get cracking, too. and eunoia, i think novels are much easier than the other kind. you just make 'em up!! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:25 AM

    Yeah, but with text-books I just regurgitate stuff I already know, albeit imposing some kind of sensible structure on it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gal. In five years I hope I can still be blogging. Lida is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.