Cesca says, among other things,
I'm calling upon Sean Hannity to use his prime time television program as a platform to rally Republican politicians, cable news hacks and citizens alike to refuse delivery of not just recovery bill spending, but all so-called "socialist" government programs. Send it all back. End American socialism now! But if the money somehow gets through Hannity's blockade and steams its way to socialist Republican governors like Charlie Crist and Arnold Schwarzenegger (embracing "economic girly man" status), and if those jobs are created anyway, Sean Hannity ought to heroically command his viewers in these states to not accept those jobs. They're socialist jobs, after all.
You tell 'em, Cesca! Gene Robinson of the WashPost said pretty much the same thing last night on Keith Olbermann on MSNBC. Robinson said he'd start believing the GOP as soon as he hears the first "No thanks" when a Senator who voted AGAINST the stimulus said he or she would tell the people in his or her state NOT TO ACCEPT THE MONEY.
When pigs fly.....
How can anyone believe the GOP? Even Pat Robertson finally said something sensible when he criticized Limbaugh's "I hope Obama fails" pronouncement. Robertson said, "That's a terrible thing to say." Yup. It is. And the GOP are terrible, horrible representatives of the people who elected them, many of whom now are suffering in the economic maelstrom. Not only that, they don't give a doggone about the country.
Thanks for the wise words. I couldn't have said it better myself.
ReplyDeleteCallum says thanks for the Birthday wishes.... yes they do grow up fast don't they! Where did the last year go?
ReplyDeleteWe'll be having a party for him on Sunday... so expect pics of a baby covered with cake!
I stole your "human calendar" I hope you don't mind!
ReplyDelete:-) And I'm thinkin' how all this reminds me of how I finally and for once agreed with Nancy Pelosi. She called the question of nationalization of banks "a question of semantics." Same with the question of socialism. Nearly 60 years away from McCarthy and these words still strike fear bordering on panic in the American psyche. Better to be a thief than a socialist in this country. But we--poor benighted and ever struggling taxpayers--now half own the banks. And by god we should own our education and heath care. We pay more and get less than any people in the world--which is absolutely understandable when it's done through insurance companies...and our public enterprise of education charges dysfunctionally along turning out cashiers and soldiers for the sons and daughters of the wealthy...what a perfect crime our right wing committed.
ReplyDeleteIt has been an on-going American tragedy. And God bless Barack Obama for trying to get us out of it.
Cat