Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Colors Game....

In my numerous years, I've spent considerable time on buses. The ones in Minneapolis provided LONG, BORING rides and even longer and more boring (also FREEZING) waits at the bus stop. To occupy my mind (I couldn't read because I'd fall asleep and miss my stop--annoying here, but a major tragedy there), I'd play the colors game. I'd look around for the first RED thing I could see, then YELLOW, then ORANGE, then GREEN, then BLUE, then PURPLE, etc. And by the time I found something orange or purple, I'd be at my destination.

I played it today as I walked to Whole Foods. Not a bad walk--maybe two miles--and as the day was lovely and warm, I took pictures of what I saw.

Unfortunately, I never got a photo of the blue sky, cuz every time I stopped for a red light and looked around, I never found just the perfect spot of blue before the light changed and I had to keep moving.

RED: a whole building!


ORANGE: I don't know what this is. If I ever see the gardener, I'll ask.


YELLOW: wonderful pansies, the tough little flower that blooms all winter here.


PURPLE: Johnny Jump-ups, newly planted between clumps of pansies.


GREEN: Somebody painted green bricks by the doorway of an electrical repair shop. I loved the jaunty hue.


BLUE: That's me cuz I didn't capture any.

1 comment:

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.