It's Monday again. Had fun yesterday. My companion kindly bought me a taxi ride home from Capitol Hill, and the driver took a different route: Capitol North to Blair, and Bob's your uncle! Not a whole lot of traffic, as per the usual routes. It was funny. The driver, who spoke with a heavy accent and was quite solicitous, asked me, Do you know where you live? I said, Well, I did this morning. Not a problem. I was fascinated by the alternative route. The driver passed up many opportunities to turn onto streets I was familiar with and just kept on going. Was home in no time.
So, another question I've posed myself this morning is why did the dinosaurs die? and how? It seems nobody really knows exactly how or why they died (best possible theory--some kind of climate change). But it was not a total disaster, except for the pore dinosaurs. we got birds out of the deal. Much better exchange, IMHO, and would make a much better movie!! Wouldn't it be lovely to
go to a movie these days and listen to previews with glorious bird song instead of dinosaurs roaring?
No gun shots or car crashes, either. Ish.
Ha! I don't go to the movies much any more. Can't take the assault on my senses.
ReplyDeleteOf course!! can you handle netflix? they're just about as bad.
ReplyDeleteAnother question.... why do we think that dinosaurs roared? Perhaps they squeaked, or twittered like a bird, or gobbled like a turkey. I sort of like the idea of a gobbling dino.
ReplyDeleteShammy....I guess we'll have to ask MGM that one. Maybe they actually sounded like crows. or turkeys. there's is more that we don't know about dinosaurs. mebbe I'll check around.
ReplyDelete