I am considering spending at least half of every other day each week out of doors. Far from my various computing devices, refrigerator, and toaster. Out among all trees and flowers and growing things (buildings, too, which here seem to be behaving like mushrooms, springing up overnight and multiplying), there to communicate with spirit to whom I belong. In the company of a little sketch pad and pencil. Or maybe just nothing....
See how it goes....
I try to do that. I even have a dog to walk. Fresh air is restorative!
ReplyDeleteYou're way ahead of me...I take pictures often enough, but not every day on schedule! Thank Polly for me, too, for ensuring that her mistress gets out there and MOVES in your beautiful countryside every day!
ReplyDeletexo, ma
XE--The more time we spend outside with nature, the better for our health. Go forth!
ReplyDeleteCop Car
P.S. More of us should follow your lead.
Being outside was one of the main reasons I adopted a new old dog. I know you can't have a pet, which is so tacky of your landlord, but just walking and listening to the birds sure helps to clean the cobwebs - or just sitting on a bench somewhere.
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to disengage from the computer as well, especially FB. Not totally successful but it's becoming easier with each passing day.