Sunday, April 03, 2011

Salads!

It's UK Mothers Day, this Sunday, April 3, 2011!! (And a very Happy Mothers Day to Peggy, who is off to Malta momentarily with her local dive club!!)

Anyway, not that there's anything maternal about Jamie Oliver, but feeding our young is one of our necessary tasks, and despite the "maternal" appellation, it's no longer just women who do that. Nobody ever taught me how to cook. My mother was an excellent cook, so I just lined up at the table with the rest, then I entered the convent, where they had a wonderful cook from the same town as Lawrence Welk. When I leapt over the wall and eventually got engaged, I had to pick cooking up fast from various masters as I went along.

In the meantime, I'm wondering how I can get a haircut like Jamie Oliver's? Maybe with a hand-held blender??

2 comments:

  1. I guess I inherited my ability to produce decent meals comes from my mom and my grandmas all of whom were good old-fashioned home cookin' stars. I taught myself some things and and actually won 1st prize in a local cooking contest! I'm trying to get back to naking decent meals, but I hate cooking for one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cooking for one:

    open package of hotdogs. either wrap two hotdogs in a paper towel and nuke 'em OR (this is the Martha Stewart way) drop two in a pot of water and boil till they get fat. Spear individual hotdog with your fork and eat it. Repeat.

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.