Thursday, April 14, 2011

Remember that old joke...??

This guy gets a phone call from a lawyer who is calling from a pay phone in Alaska.

The lawyer asks if his name is Joe Blow, and the guy says "yes, speaking."

Then the lawyer tells him he represents the estate of the guy's distant aunt, JoAnn Blow, and says his dear Aunt JoAnn Blow has left him $6 million dollars! 

Joe Blow is about to shout "Good old Aunt JoAnn!!" The telephone operator, however, cuts in:

"Please insert $18,000 in coins for another three minutes."

I'm here to tell you we're approaching that time fast!!

I was reading the giveaway tabloid on the metro this morning, and I noticed the weekend car ads.

Especially the one for a used 2008 VW Beetle for $16,993

"Oof!" I said to myself.  "WE PAID $15,500 FOR OUR FIRST HOUSE!!" (with two acres!!)

Then I remembered that our VERY OWN FIRST BRAND NEW CAR was a 1962 VW Beetle, and it cost $1,400!!

THEN I remembered going into my favorite bike shop recently and seeing a brand new BICYCLE that cost $1800!!! 


Gotta bounce....gotta meet a friend.  I'm walking a LOT these days.  It's very healthy, I hear.

3 comments:

  1. I love walking too! If I'm in Sweden, I'll try to walk at least one hour every day, whether the weather permits or not... Here in Niger, not so much, but that's mostly because I'd rather go by horseback...

    Warm greetings from Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. horseback riding is good exercise. and it's a mitzvah for the horse, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:38 PM

    Horseback sounds good to me too. Maybe we can have a pony lane next to the bike lane next to the car lane in DC?

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.