Thursday, March 18, 2010

Holy Toledo just got bypassed....

For years, one of my favorite expressions of awe and wonder has been "Holy Toledo!" That's straight out of Batman comics, although I think it was Robin who said it so often...not Batman.

Anyway, Texas has surged to the front of Holy Places here in the US of A, and Toledo isn't so holy any more--at least not as holy as Austin or...lessee...Crawford?? The 15-member Texas School Board have taken upon themselves to rewrite US history (so far, that's all...just the US's, but wait...) according to their idea of a "Christian" (Cruschin) perspective.

While my blood simmers on the back burner as I ponder WHO IS PUBLISHING THIS CRAP--the object of my next call to BOYCOTT--I found two good commentaries on Cosmic Navel Lint, and I'm posting the links here:

The first is Cosmic Navel Lint's link to Jeff Schneider's of Demagogues & Dictators' "An Open Letter to the Texas Board of Education: David Bradley Owes Someone $1000 Bucks", which contains this gem:

I fear when bias gives way to propaganda -- and when that propaganda is taught as fact. In my textbooks I learned that

"Through clever and constant application of propaganda, people can be made to see paradise as hell, and also the other way round"

That is from Mein Kampf -- p. 376

And the second is Cosmic Navel Lint's St. Paddy's day post, Revisionism: The Texas Brain Saw Massacre, which starts out like this:

In a move of which Josef Stalin and his henchmen would have been proud, the Texas Board of 'Education' has now allowed itself to become a laughing stock in the realms of Western democratic academe. Indeed, future pupils who, on their résumés and curricula vitae, cite Texas as their alma mater have just been handed an additional hurdle in making progress in the world.

'Tain't funny, McGee"....

2 comments:

  1. There are people in Texas who want to secede. Perhaps that idea has some merit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merit?? It's at least 60 years too late, but better late than never.

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.