Have I got ten things that make me happy this week? Hmmm....
1) Alice Walker has a new book: WE ARE THE ONES WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR.
2) The neighbors' daffodils are up and blooming!!!
3) Alice Walker's book has a chapter "Crimes Against Dog," which says "Dogs understand something I was late learning; when we are mean to anyone or any being it is because we are temporarily not ourselves. We are somebody else inhabiting these bodies we think of as us. They recognize this.'My mommy's not in there at the moment. I'll just wait until she gets back.'" This, dear readers, has been the story of my life! If I had a dog....
4) Pillsbury's ready-made pie crust dough is not so bad, but you can't make apple pie with lousy apples.
5) The first friends you make are the best. At least mine are: Jane, Jim, Mary, Mary, Joanie, Judy, Michael and Marcia, Diane, Kay....
6) I love mashed potatoes.
7) The sky is glorious, no matter what else is going on.
8) Good haiku are great. Here's one:
Sitting quietly
doing nothing
spring comes.
9) Old friends are the best, esp Jim and Mary and Mo.
10) Bus drivers are saints.
Love your list -- especially the haiku!!!!!
ReplyDeleteBasho is better than Shakespeare
ReplyDeleteShoot the translator
ReplyDeleteBut eleven syllables
Make lousy Haiku
my goodness!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I love love love this:
ReplyDeleteSitting quietly
doing nothing
spring comes.
If we could wedge in another line of syllables, I would add:
magnificently
Cat