Wednesday, December 23, 2009

We Write Letters....

I got this letter in an email from Cathy this morning.  It's so wonderful, I'm posting it here with her permission.  We can't all write as well as she can, but we CAN write to our congress critters--even (and especially) the ones who are rock-headedly set against anything even remotely constructive or beneficial. Here's what Cathy wrote:

Wellll, I sent Harry Reid a note thanking him for keeping the Senate working in the face of Republican intransigence.

The only Republican I could think to contact, not being a person who can stand listening to them for more than 3 minutes let alone remember what they say, was Lindsey Graham. Soooo...this letter is a little angry, but at least it gives me the energy to face the dishes.

Dear Sen. Graham,
Of COURSE the Dems are making stinky deals. You Republicans leave them no choice. I--who believe most people have good hearts--can only excuse this by thinking that you and the rest of your party are locked into an ideology that is at best outdated and at worse evil (although perhaps you really don't know it).

Our nation needs health care, sir, and you and the rest of your party can tell our grandchildren and great-grandchildren how you tried every tactic in the book to stop it. Shame on you.
And, yes, you can throw out this note, because, as you see by the address, I am one of the nearly 1 million Americans who is totally unrepresented in Senate. This in the country that calls itself the most democratic in the world. Again, thanks to ideologues, power-logues, and racists such as yourself. Come to think of it, it is not just our grandkids and the rest of humanity that you will have to face, but God Himself. Good luck.


Cathy

4 comments:

  1. What a great letter!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:29 AM

    I so agree with the first commenter! Anyway, Merry Christmas to you and to your family Mary! TC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a happy Christmas and may 2010 be good to you and your family. Are you snowed in?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendid idea. Probably even better idea for us to do than yesterday's request from Obama to thank those who voted for it.

    Yes, M.E., I dutifully did it because your voice and others told me it was useful to do. And I told them in the comment section that we needed more, sooner.

    But a campaign of letters like the one above to the mean-spirited Repubs would get be more satisfying.

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.