Friday, August 14, 2009

R.I.P. Les Paul

Les Paul died yesterday. He was 94. When I was in high school in the 50s, "Waiting for the Sunrise," by Les Paul and his wife, Mary Ford, was one of our favorite tunes on the radio. Paul invented the solid body electric guitar, which according to Wikipedia "made the sound of rock and roll possible."

Who can forget this?

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this, Mary Ellen! Great fun.

    I got a chuckle out of the cartoon logo for the show at the beginning: one of an *acoustic* hollow-body guitar.

    (... and now I'm getting a real word in the verification box: "stern".)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and so true to life...Jay and I always break into song after I get back from shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When that happens, Sarah, do you come out multi-tracked?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can verify that they DO come out all multi-tracked! I try to be a backing singer when I visit, but they always sing in a key that isn't good for me. :-)

    Henry and George were upset with the news, but not surprised. 94 is good long life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouldn't it be fun to be part of a team who could produce music like that???

    ReplyDelete
  6. shammy...YES!! if only i could sing at all. have you ever done karaoke?

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.