Saturday, May 30, 2009

Auntie Meme

Auntie Meme came to my inbox today courtesy of Darlene of Darlene's Hodgepodge. I kinda like memes, so I'm sending it on, as prescribed, to eight people. Before you send it on to your eight, you're supposed to change one question. I didn't quite get this, so I didn't do it. These are the questions that came to me. Change one if you like. And the usual escape clause holds: do it only if you want to. Still, even if you don't want to do the whole thing, I hope you'll please send your answers to me. I'd love to know them.

Sending it on to:
Shammy the busy new granny at Rook's Nest
Peggy at Lazy Gardener
The D.N. at Major Reader
Lu at Speak!
Ronnie at Hearing Loss
Sherwood at Sherwords
Stu at Ole Phat Stu/Eunoia
and of course, Darlene, whose 84th birthday it is and who was told when she was 10 years old that she had six months left to live!!!

Here goes:

1. If one song were to describe your life, what song would it be?

"Zippetydoodah!"


2. Which item of clothing do you wear most?


Underpants.


3. What's for dinner?

Tonight? Trader Joe's mixed vegetables w olive oil, salt, & pepper...YUM


4. Last thing you bought?


More bloody pills.


5. What are you listening to?


Traffic sounds outside my apt.


6. If you were a God or a Goddess, who would you be?


Elli, the Scandinavian goddess of old age. She beat Thor in a wrestling match.


7. Favorite holiday spots?


Grandma and Grandpa Carew's house, Montmartre, Capri


8. Reading right now?



Death in a Strange Country
by Donna Leon


9. Favorite film?


So many...but anything by Ingmar Bergman, Liv Ullman (yes, she directs them, too), Ang Lee, Woody Allen, Pedro Almodovar, Marlene Gorris.



10. Okay, what were you thinking about just then?


Barcelona.


11. What kind of books do you prefer; history, fantasy, mystery, romance, political?


Self-help, zen stuff.


12. Funniest thing you saw in your life?


Mel Brooks's "The 12 Chairs"...I thought it was uproarious the first time i saw it.


13. Who's your hero/heroine?


Hero=Franklin/Heroine=Eleanor.


14. Share some wisdom?

What most you fear is where the gold is.

15. If you were a tree, what tree would you be and why?

Oh, I know this....this is from that Celtic Horoscope thing....I'm an ash. (Well...)


16. Fictitious characters who made a lasting impression on you?

All of Sarah Schulman's protagonists....

17. 4 words to describe you?

Old, deaf, cranky, funny

4 comments:

  1. Good answers Mary Ellen. Underpants is so funny. Tee Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's the plain truth....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try hard not to do those things. And if I did it, I know that the minute I pressed SEND I would change my mind about some of the answers.
    Thanks anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eunoia8:51 AM

    been in hospital. busted shoulder.

    i'll get around to your meme though.

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.