l to r, Medea, Katie, Ian, PennyMy oldest grandson,Ian, and his wife, Medea, along with Medea's friend Katie and mom, Penny, and yrs truly took refuge yesterday afternoon in a bar on Clark street to stay out of the wind. My original (very old, full of charm) hotel left lots to be desired as a place to gather--mainly space. So later, during Thanksgiving dinner at the Chicago Firehouse (used to be an actual firehouse but now a restaurant), Penny got on the phone and found a nice roomy place downtown:

This is the view from my room of the harbor at sunrise with the Adler Planetarium in the distance. you can't see the sun--my pager camera is feeble indeed--but it was quite lovely.
I love the blurry photo of everybody. I can almost make them out. I can see that Ian is wearing a suit and tie!!!! Handsome indeed!
ReplyDeletewhat you're seeing is a dark blue sweater over a white shirt with tie...then he wore a suit jacket over that and a pair of jeans. the jacket is over the back of his chair....
ReplyDeletei'll get a better photo today before i leave....
xo, ma
Happy Thanksgiving Peggy's mom! Are going to be a great grandmother pretty soon or what? and I agree with Peggy, you should be under arrest for taking that picture! It's so dark it reminds me of some underground bar I used to hang out!
ReplyDeleteCome back home safe young lady!
hey, i lost my camera. i took that with a french fry.
ReplyDeletewelcome back, mad! i thought of you today in chicago when i got a ride from an ethiopian cabbie. he's been working his way through college... wants to come to georgetown u next year to get a masters degree in public policy. sweet fellow.
happy two days after thanksgiving. hope you're continuing to feel better!
xtreme
Great photos!!! What a nice way to spend Thanksgiving!!!!!!
ReplyDelete