This is the packaged version
OK, here's a recipe for those yummy Spanish olive oil tortas (courtesy of Susan at wildyeast.com):
125 g. bread or pizza dough (1/2 cup)
1 T. sesame seeds
2 T anise seeds
1/4 c. olive oil
zest of 1/4 lemon in WIDE strips
1.5 t. anisette liqueur
70 g. of flour (1/4 cup)
sugar
toast the seeds in a skillet until they start to pop
heat oil and zest in a nother skillet untl the peel turns BLACK.
remove the peel and let the oil cool
place the bread or pizza dough in a food processor with the seeds, oil, and liqour. pulse until the oil is evenly distributed. Add flour and pulse some more until you have a humongous soft, oily ball.
separate the ball into 8 pieces, and roll each piece to 4"round.
place on a parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle with sugar
bake 15-17 minutes
turn the oven to BROIL and broil the rounds 5" from the broiler flame until they're toasted and the sugar melts...about 40 seconds
cool and whatever....eat them or store them in something.
NOTE: I HAVE NEVER MADE THESE BEFORE, SO I'M NOT SURE OF THE MEASUREMENTS of the dough and the flour. I think it's ok, but ver vaist. You start with (thawed) frozen bread dough or leftover pizza dough, add a lot of oil, and toasted seeds, run it through a food processor with some flour and then roll out 8 pieces of dough into 4" rounds and bake/broil.
But I know Sally is crazy about these things, and they don't seem too hard to make.
Spaniards love these with coffee in the ayem, i'm told. But of course, how would I know? I never go anywhere, I never do anything.
I bet it is very yummy with red wine.
ReplyDeletei'm gonna make some and then i'll let you know. they're dirt cheap and easy to make, but expensive to buy (like $19 for a pack of 12). can't wait to get started. think i'll go to litteri's today and get a big pack of frozen pizza dough so i'll have no excuse not to make these NOW.
ReplyDeletexo, ma
Oh my God this looks so good and i`m sure that it is delicious too. I think that this is a easy recipe so i will give it a try, thanks a lot for sharing.
ReplyDelete