As the Big Guy said, "He had me at 'Hi, Jimmy'!" The Big Guy was my first crush in 5th grade, when my parents finally gave up and sent me to parochial school--St. Mary's in Fargo, ND. On Valentine's day that year, the biggest card I got was from the Big Guy (it probably was not the biggest card he sent, but I'm talking about what I got).
Big Guy was one of those golden boys all during grade school and high school, too. He was a page in the U.S. Senate, and he wound up with a gorgeous girlfriend from Across the River. They're still married (and she's still gorgeous).
He never forgets his old pals from Fargo. When I arrived back in DC after an edjicational tour in NYC back in the late 90s, I opened my email on 3/14 and discovered a funny Valentine from the Big Guy. Aw, gee....
He's always been a true dyed-in-the-wool Democrat. Thus, he showed up at a reception for Barack Obama in Palm Beach earlier this year and had his picture taken with the Senator.
You go, Big Guy...and you go, too, Senator! I'm committed to John Edwards, but I'll still contribute to your cause.
Mrs Big Guy was from Moorhead?!
ReplyDeleteI don't know much about US politics, in fact it confuses me no end, but that Barack Obama sure is cute! :-)
ReplyDeleteHe is cute indeed, and he's smart as a whip, too. US politics confuses everyone (whether it also disgusts them or not).
ReplyDeleteXEnglish