Friday, July 14, 2017

"O L H"

As indicated, the title of this post is a quotation.  It's from the fabulous CDB by William Steig.  CDB is a book--small, slim, inventive--masterfully drawn and written by Steig.  It supplies more of my quoted texts these days than the Bible.  CDB? Just say the letter names out loud, and you'll catch on.  I used to have at least one copy of this book, but no more.  Why oh why do I give away these priceless books, when my later years (Steig calls them O L H) has revealed them as mainstays of my life?? Yup.  I'm in O L H now--turning 80 impressed this fact on me.  O L H...very O L.

The sun is still shining on the lawn across the drive......I am not getting NE younger, but Steig's books do light up my mind and heart.  Have to start buying copies and mailing them to my precious great-grandchildren, whose birthdays i have of course lost/forgotten.  But you can still have a wacky great-grandma who sends you a present just cuz you're you and on the planet, not because it's your
birthday....ha....you don't remember yours, either. Oh, well.....Or as Steig would say, "Y R U YNN?"




4 comments:

  1. You're only 80? You oughta be good for another twenty years this day and age. Glad you have some books that lighten things up for you. Humor can sometimes help a bit, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joared....R U older than I???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will soon be 82.

      Delete
    2. Holy crap....as my mother would NEVER say. Welcome to the O L H club. I'd say we're contemporaries, non??

      Delete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.