I suspect that....
1. My laptop is leaving BROAD HINTS with all the junk mail arriving on "assisted senior living" and "local senior living options." Hmph.
2. I shall soon come to truly, truly DISLIKE all the freaking advertising that has cropped up in the past week on any video clip I should be so silly as to open (especially from newspapers)! This even happens on one of my favorite blogs of late, though not on the other one. And so far, the blizzard of videoclips of my great-grandsons are ad-free! Thanks, y'alls, for not succumbing.
3. The people doing the hiring for the contractors at the Navy Yard have their heads up their butts. They hired a guy who had been discharged from the Navy for a gun-related offense and apparently gave him a special card that lets him get into the building through the only door that does not have people (marines and the like) watching and allowing them to come in and out--or not. Yesterday, he walked in with a shotgun, used it to shoot a security guard, and took the person's weapon (weapons? they still haven't figured out how he also got one of those nasty automatic rifle things), and used those to shoot and kill almost a dozen people.
4. The guy who threw the firecracker over the White House fence at suppertime (nice touch, turistico!!) yesterday was a tourist. Did you see the outfit? Maybe he was just from Virginia or Murlan'.
5. Yes, we do have brave men, and they do work for the SS. The SS guys, in the photo* I saw of firecracker guy's capture, managed just fine without major weapons displays and fancy black protective gear with white lettering. One of them, however, was big, standing way over firecracker guy and the two other SS guys holding FG's arms in a steely grip. (Well, at second glance, he was not ALL that big.)
*Believe me, I wanted to link to this, but I got a) ADS and b) Fox News, which is a nono in chez XE!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.
Thanks for your patience and cooperation.