That was funny - Who brings their pets to another family's house? We don't. They get to stay at home and sleep on the sofa as nobody is there to enforce the laws about no pets on furniture. Text at the dinner table? I DARE anybody to do that at my table.
This was great! Apparently I have moved away from jello country. No one I know here serves jello except as dessert for kids. I do remember some memorable holiday jello salads in MN. The D.N.
Peggy: LOTS of people bring their pets, esp. dogs, along to family gatherings. Texting at the table? Always rude, unless you're getting a message that your table is ready....
DN: Do you remember that lemon jello with carrots, pineapple, and cabbage that Grandma Dwyer used to make? I loved it. It was only for state occasions, though. I used to make lime jello with cucumbers, onions, and cottage cheese. Forget what else was in it, but I loved that, too. Jello must be a Midwest thing. It gives the illusion of freshness to canned fruits. Cherry jello with banana slices? Yum! I don't have time (or the space in the fridge) to make it any more.
I often make rainbow jello cups. Clear plastic cups - Red jellow on the bottom. . . .let it set . . .then orange . . . then yellow . . . then green. You get the idea. Then we unmold them onto a plate and have fun watching them wobble. :-)
I love those tinned mandarin pieces suspended in jello.
Peggy: Never tried the rainbow jello cups--too much work. Same with jello SHOTS (with vodka). My guilty secret is I LOVE Safeway's ready-made jello ring molds with canned fruit in them.
Saw it; loved it!
ReplyDeleteThat was funny - Who brings their pets to another family's house? We don't. They get to stay at home and sleep on the sofa as nobody is there to enforce the laws about no pets on furniture. Text at the dinner table? I DARE anybody to do that at my table.
ReplyDeleteThis was great! Apparently I have moved away from jello country. No one I know here serves jello except as dessert for kids. I do remember some memorable holiday jello salads in MN. The D.N.
ReplyDeleteKay: I always love Margaret & Helen.
ReplyDeletePeggy: LOTS of people bring their pets, esp. dogs, along to family gatherings. Texting at the table? Always rude, unless you're getting a message that your table is ready....
DN: Do you remember that lemon jello with carrots, pineapple, and cabbage that Grandma Dwyer used to make? I loved it. It was only for state occasions, though. I used to make lime jello with cucumbers, onions, and cottage cheese. Forget what else was in it, but I loved that, too. Jello must be a Midwest thing. It gives the illusion of freshness to canned fruits. Cherry jello with banana slices? Yum! I don't have time (or the space in the fridge) to make it any more.
I often make rainbow jello cups. Clear plastic cups - Red jellow on the bottom. . . .let it set . . .then orange . . . then yellow . . . then green. You get the idea. Then we unmold them onto a plate and have fun watching them wobble. :-)
ReplyDeleteI love those tinned mandarin pieces suspended in jello.
Peggy: Never tried the rainbow jello cups--too much work. Same with jello SHOTS (with vodka). My guilty secret is I LOVE Safeway's ready-made jello ring molds with canned fruit in them.
ReplyDelete