Monday, January 28, 2008

Six of My Nonimportant Quirks

Here we go again....another meme that seems kinda fun. RSG put a tag out anyone who reads her blog, so here goes: six of my nonimportant quirks. (Only SIX? I'd say that ALL of my quirks are not especially important.)

1. I don't like kitchen cabinets. Thus, I have only a few in my kitchen...enough to hold up the sink and hang the microwave from, but that's it.

2. I much prefer boys' khakis and jeans. Having no butt to speak of, I find they fit better and are so much more comfortable, and they have POCKETS so I don't have to carry my money & cards in a purse, which I tend to lose.

3. I like gelato better than ice cream. What's the difference? I don't know, zackly, but (note to unnamed visitor) if I serve you homemade gelato, I really did make it myself, and I'm not using a pretentious word for ice cream. It's freakin' GELATO!! I discovered it at the foot of the hill by City College. The mama's association sold it to the school kids and passersby after school. I especially like cherry, but I don't know how to make it. Only lemon.

4. I replace my toothbrush every two months or so.

5. And I only like Colgate toothbrushes.

6. Related to #2, my favorite winter coat used to belong to one of my sons-in-law. Again, it's very comfy and warm and has very sturdy, deep pockets.

4 comments:

  1. You have your blog name in the link as well which is why it's not working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!!!! Quirks? I think of such things as eccentricities and I'm well on my way to becoming an eccentric old broad.

    Don't know if I'll do this one or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those aren't too terribly quirky.

    I don't have a butt either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:52 AM

    we inherited this from grandma dwyer, who had no butt, either. i've got a postcard showing a group of german housewives walking down the street, and there's not a butt among 'em. if i find the postcard, i'll post it. it's a cool picture.

    better no butt than no brains. she had plenty of those to pass along.

    xo, ma

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.