Monday, October 29, 2007

Mystery Letter

Periodically, now that I'm not on hiatus any more, I'm going to post selected emails to persons unknown to most of you. It saves wear and tear on my computer keys if I get more mileage out of my typing. Here goes:

You know, you have no need to apologize to anyone, least of all a computer tech. That's how they earn their $$. I toil on here with a stupid dialup connection and am settling for the bare minimum of competence, whereas you are very skillful and artistic with your blog, and I am much impressed.

We do NOT have any heat yet, but we do have a whole condo full of lawyers and other very smart people who are amazed and incensed that we again have MICE!!! They scream, "We had mice LAST YEAR, too!!!" Sweet jaysus.....we have grown so far from living in harmony with nature. Anyway, they are somewhat mollified this evening now that poison has been introduced to the INSIDE of the condo instead of just to the rat boxes outside. I seem to be the only one who is NOT upset by the mice but who IS upset by their bringing that effing poison inside!!! I need to move to my own house, where I can have all the mice i want. Don and I used to feed them when we lived in our first house in Bismarck, and the upstairs apartment was vacant. We'd be sitting downstairs watching TV and eating popcorn, and pretty soon, little mice would creep under the living room door from the hallway. We'd toss a kernel of popcorn or two into the dark corner by the door, and pretty soon one mouse'd be sitting up gnawing away on it. They DO come inside when it gets cold.

Yes, nanowrimo starts THURSDAY of this week. I updated my writer profile today to show that i am 70, not 69, and that i entered and won nanowrimo in 2006. blogger x is on year 5 or 6!!! mercy! and i think she published one of the year's labors herself, sort of. Wot a good idea! Maybe I'll publish that stinker from last year, too. It's mystery novel. maybe i can write one this year that will be even worse!! "Stinker II, the Sequel"

1 comment:

  1. LOL - Those insulated middle class people get so shocked when nature does the same thing every year. Bless 'em. I bet you're the only one in your building that knows how to set a mouse trap. I keep a mousetrap set under my sink on a permanent basis.

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.