Tuesday, August 07, 2007

"Falling for Grace"


Tribeca Film Festival this year showed "Falling for Grace," a remarkably enjoyable romantic comedy produced, written, and directed by--and starring!--Fay Ann Lee. Besides Lee, who plays Grace, the cast also includes Margaret Cho, Gale Harold, and Christine Baranski. The movie played in DC this past Saturday at the AMC Loews Dupont 5 theater just off Dupont Circle.

After the movie finished, Lee herself stood up before the audience for a surprise Q and A session about the movie, her life, Chinatown, the importance of family. She's as beautiful and articulate in real life as she is in the movie.

The movie has shown in only two places so far--San Francisco and Washington DC--but it's gotten good reviews since airing at Tribeca (see "Press" section in the official website).

Somebody in the reviews said Lee may be the Asian Julia Roberts. I dunno....did Julia Roberts write, produce, direct, and star in her first movie? Lee's a phenomenon. The movie's still here, and if anyone from DC reads this post, do yourself a favor and go see it. You can bring the kids...the movie has a PG-13 rating.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I hope the movie gets a broader release so that it is available over here in the wilderness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't think that will make it here -- then again the Art Film series may have it this year. I'll be watching for it! Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:13 PM

    I DO SO HOPE the movie makes it here to the religious theme park I live in (Utah)... I won't hold my breath so I'll watch for it in Las Vegas when we go there to visit.

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.